- New JobQuest DiagnosticsBlack Belt
I have a hard time in calculating the sample size for attribute test, reliability and confidence level is predetermined and I have to calculate sample size. Someone gave me equation
Sample size = ln(1-C) / ln (R). and this equation is for C=0 (ie. zero failure) but I don’t know where is equation came from? any idea..
and I am also looking for equation with number of failure assocaited on the equation above. I found one online calculator http://www.quality-one.com/products/inttools.php this matches with the equation above if failure is taken “0”. Please help me how this is calculated ..where do I find any textbooks …
The cumulative Binomial Distribution:
– C.L is the Confidence Level for the Test. This can be thought of as the Probability of more than the Maximum number of allowable failures occurring on Test.
– N is the number of unit on test or Sample Size
– r is the maximum allowable number of failures on test
– R is the reliability of the System for the duration of the test
With no failure, Cumulative Binomial Distribution equation is given below:
1 C.L = R^N
Solve for N
N = LN(1 C.L)/LN(R)
You can also solve top first equation for 1 failure and so own.
If you have any other question, please let me know.
The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.