The iSixSigma Live! Awards ceremony went off beautifully this morning. Congratulations to all the finalists, and woo hooo! to all the winners!
Winners: Largest-Breakthrough Improvement Projects
* Environment – Bell Helicopter, Textron Inc. for “Compressed Air Savings Headstart (CASH)”
* Supply chain – General Dynamics for “Submarine Material Receipt Inspection”
* Transactional – North Shore-LIJ Health System for “Increasing CT capacity in a Tertiary Hospital”
* Manufacturing – Xerox Corp. for “Photoreceptor Belt Tensioning System”
* Customer service – Sutherland Global Services for “Improving Customer Satisfaction”
* Solving the unsolvable – Shuuro Technologies for “Improving Revenue from Sales”
* Innovation – Delphi Corp. for “Joint Design for Electronics Cooling Heat Exchangers”
Most Successful Lean Six Sigma Start-up – New Page Corp.
Most Successful Re-energized Lean Six Sigma Program – United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
iSixSigma’s Six Sigma Hall of Fame 2009 Inductee – Bill Smith. Accepting the award on behalf of her father, Marjorie Hook. Marjorie paid a tender tribute to her father honoring him as a loving father, husband and neighbor.