SigmaPro’sDesign for Six Sigma (DFSS) Industrial Green Belt training and certification program has received extremely positive reviews from our clients. This program has been specifically developed to provide manufacturing and design personnel who do not have previous Six Sigma experience with a thorough knowledge of how to design new products and processes. Participants will gain an in-depth knowledge of the most popular DFSS strategy -- Define-Measure-Analyze-Design-Validate (DMADV) as well as the technical tools to support the DMADV DFSS strategy. Hands-on exercises, examples, case studies and group activities all contribute to an effective learning experience for application of DFSS in a manufacturing or design environment. To facilitate rapid learning and knowledge retention, the training is delivered in three training blocks which are normally separated by one month with an additional three days of coaching by an experienced SigmaPro DFSS consultant. This allows participants to implement classroom learnings on a project pertaining to their job.
- Candidates for this course are typically design or manufacturing personnel who have no previous experience with Six Sigma or Design for Six Sigma.
- Previous candidates have come from electronics, automotive, construction, design, defense, as well as many other design and manufacturing organizations.
- An optional DFSS Industrial Green Belt examination may be given at the close of the training.
- A training certificate will be provided which may be used for recertification credits. Formal DFSS Green Belt certification is granted upon completion of the training course, completion of a DFSS project, and review of the project results by the SigmaPro instructor.
Participants Will Learn
- How Six Sigma evolved from a glorified TQM approach to a highly effective improvement strategy for the development of new products, processes and services.
- How DFSS can be used to optimize any product portfolio.
- How the DMADV DFSS methodology is executed and managed.
- How to effectively identify, select, launch and manage DMADV projects.
- Detailed analytical tools and methodologies that are involved in the execution of the DMADV process.