Lean Enterprise Certificate for Government provides six days of mentor-guided training bundled into one convenient series. The 36-hour program explores lean and continuous improvement approaches that are changing government and public sector agencies by reducing waste, improving service levels, optimizing processes and delivering performance improvement.
Each session focuses on tools and techniques that apply to any work process and integrate specific case studies relevant to public service organizations. Implementation of a workplace improvement project puts the tools into practice and documents results.
• Eight common forms of waste
• Continuous improvement basics
• Process complexity and variation
• Value stream mapping
• Facilitating productive meetings
• Developing and implementing work standards
• Defining metrics and measuring success
• Best practices to sustain improvements
• Problem solving tools