SigmaPro’s Robust Design training course has received extremely positive reviews from our clients. This program has been specifically developed to provide industrial Black Belts, Master Black Belts, product/process development engineers, and other technologists with a thorough treatment of how to improve system performance through the application of robust design principles. This course provides a detailed and informative treatment of the issues involved in product development when reliability, quality, and cost are key issues that goes well beyond the traditional Taguchi approach. Participants will also gain an in-depth knowledge of the most popular DFSS strategy -- Define-Measure-Analyze-Design-Validate (DMADV) as the context for application of robust design strategies. The technical tools to accomplish robust design will be covered in detail including requirements definition, qualitative decomposition, variables selection, transfer function modeling, statistical tolerancing, advanced experimental design approaches for robustness, probabilistic design, and much more. To facilitate learning and increase knowledge retention, numerous hands-on examples, exercises, and a capstone exercise are included. To facilitate learning and increase knowledge retention, this training is delivered in a single 5-day training session.
• Candidates for this course are typically industrial personnel with previous Black Belt, Green Belt or Master Black Belt certification as well as product & process development engineers.
• The majority of previous candidates have come from aerospace, automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical device, manufacturing, and electronics sectors.
• A training certificate will be provided which may be used for recertification credits.
• Completion of this training course will waive certain portions of the SigmaPro Master Black Belt training should the participant continue on to MBB certification at a later time.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
• How robust design evolved into a highly effective improvement strategy for the development of new products and processes.
• How to design, plan, and execute highly successful robust designs.
• How the DMADV DFSS methodology works and is adapted for robust design.
• Detailed analytical tools and methodologies that are involved in the execution of the robust design.
• Advanced concepts in transfer function modeling.