This position supports the performance improvement opportunities and assists with implementations within the organization, and the development of process excellence procedures to improve overall operational efficiencies. Under direction, analyzes and models existing business processes and procedures, identifies areas for improvement.
- Gathers data, completes root cause analysis and performance trends to develop appropriate process control changes.
- Supports the prioritization and implementation of process change requirements based on the critical and high priority project needs.
- Participates in projects aimed at removing non-value-added activities thereby reducing costs, improving delivery, and building operational efficiencies.
- Facilitates small to large groups of team meeting discussions regarding process improvement as assigned.
- Assists with business process analysis.
- Collaborates with the process excellence team on disseminating information, driving standardization and collaboration, resolving issues, leading teams to identify and improve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics.
- Assists with training as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
- Facilitate meetings and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate fundamental organizational, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Work collaboratively, as part of cross functional teams, within an organization on process improvement functionalities.
- Work independently.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience including health care regulatory, managed care, compliance, process improvement and/or quality experience required.
- 1+ year of experience in process improvement, project management, health care administration or facilitation preferred.
- Managed care and government-sponsored health care delivery systems.
- Managed care operations and issues that affect the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent federal and state laws related to health care.
- Basic level of understanding of business problem solving methodology (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean, Business Process Management and Reengineering).