The Area Lean Manager applies Lean subject matter expertise and principles to continuously improve operations across the Supply Chain. The Area Lean Manager identifies, plans, and leads Lean improvement projects and activities using Lean techniques with minimal guidance. The Area Lean Manager leads a team of Senior Continuous Improvement Engineers located throughout the distribution center network and acts as a liaison between field operations leadership and corporate leadership. The Area Lean Manager also acts as a Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer, within their home DC. Assisting both their home DC and the network by delivering on performance improvement activities varying in size and scope impacting Supply Chain long range planning financial efforts, the customer experience, and project availability, inventory productivity and cost productivity. Applicants for this position should reside/or be willing to relocate to a West Region Walgreens Distribution Center which includes:
- Windsor, WI
- Moreno Valley, CA
- Woodland, CA
- Waxahachie, TX
- Facilitates, and guides improvement projects and teams to identify and eliminate waste and reduce process variability across the Supply Chain Distribution Centers. This person is the Supply Chain Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Lean concepts, Lean resources, and Lean methodology and is the primary teacher, mentor, and instructs to others.
- Uses Lean ethics to identify and improve processes from conception to final design utilizing team input. Trains Supply Chain team members in Lean ethics, activities, and resources.
- Supports in the development of and implements Lean strategy for the DCs and throughout the Supply Chain.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve performance of KPIs while expanding the organization’s Lean bench strength through hands on experiences.
- Guides Management Control Systems by which strategic plans and operational metrics flow back through management reviews so that appropriate actions are taken to meet operational and customer availability goals.
- Regularly participates with other Supply Chain managers in developing project strategies, schedules, resource alignment and financial analysis to support availability, inventory productivity and cost productivity.
- Assists the Supply Chain management team with selecting appropriate projects, which support the overall organization’s strategic goals.
- Plans, schedules and supports Lean project assignments in evaluation, selection and adaption of various Lean techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Reports/tracks the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of projects that are regular on a regular basis. Provides regular updates and communications to corporate and DC network stakeholder.
- Uses project management resources, A3s, to monitor project progress and heighten accountability.
- Remotely supports a team of Field Lean Champions located throughout the DC network. Provides all supervisory stakeholder including selecting, developing, engagement, and managing performance of Field Lean Champions. Provides regular coaching and mentoring to ensure high performance and consistent application of Lean ethics. Supports matrix stakeholder activities by partnering with local DC l management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or Quality and at least 4 years of experience in a distribution, production or supply chain role OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years’ s experience in a distribution, production or Supply Chain role.
- At least 2 years of Lean or Process Excellence experience.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Proficient at deploying strategies and executing projects remotely.
- Willing to travel at least 60% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- Experience managing a remote team of direct reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Two years or more experience leading an exempt staff
- Experience in facilitating, instructing and training in both a classroom and operational environment.