Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
At our Company Manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Lean - Continuous Improvement Associate Specialist position available. The Elkton Plant is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The facility is just a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The Lean - Continuous Improvement Associate Specialist will report to the Site Company Production System Lead.
- Coach, teach & partner with Integrated Process Team Leads and Centers of Excellence to develop and maintain a sustainable lean manufacturing environment driven by an engaged workforce, develop plans and execute people performance improvement activities that directly contribute to the business
- Prioritize, align and integrate use of various tools & strategies to analyze and standardize process, material and information management in support of manufacturing value streams and effectively transfer required mindsets, behaviors and skills into the organization (Standard work, Visual Management, Coaching and feedback, Performance Adherence, Change Management, Statistical Rhythms and Patterns)
- Partner with the production teams on the shop floor to identify sources & eliminate issues due to management execution and employee interactions and develop trust through standardized communication tools
- Coordinate area governance processes for the above tasks (metrics, portfolio, gemba )
- Incorporate continuous improvement skills through the framework of our Company Production System, resulting in sustainability & realization of intended people and business benefit
- Conduct impact & needs assessments
- Stay abreast of new and changing technology, procedures, and management practices to maintain a highly skilled workforce
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- A good scholastic understanding in at least of the following areas: Manufacturing/Production Operations | Planning | Lean Six Sigma | Process Improvement or Biological/Pharmaceutical Technology
- Solid business principles understanding, proven team-building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented
- Coaching and/or teaching others to think about and apply new methods and tools
- Enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business or educational outcomes
- Skills using IT applications to organize and analyze data (ex. MS-Excel, Minitab, MS-PowerPoint)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Practically applying methodology to accelerate & improve business results (lean, change management, inclusion, experiential learning, adult learning)