- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business , Data , or related role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau or Quicksight
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users, writing user acceptance test scripts and facilitating UAT sessions
- Proven ability manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and work well in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Advanced proficiency Excel (including Pivot Tables, dynamic dashboards, array functions, Power Pivots, VBA, etc.)
- Ability to use data to develop insights, recommendations, and business cases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including translating findings into compelling recommendations, polished deliverables, and actionable solutions.
- Ability to partner with and communicate across business functions,
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure.
As a Business you will a rapidly growing AWS Worldwide Revenue (WWRO) team working in the Product Management function to deliver solutions for the AWS team. You will work with Product Managers and/or Developers to drive towards simple solutions to complex problems. You will partner with cross functional teams such as AWS teams, AWS , Finance, and Legal to deliver key projects and products. This role will specialize in telling a story with data. You will be the data and reporting expert on our team, working with all our products to retrieve, integrate, visualize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision making process. You will create reports, dashboards, metrics, and models that ensure we are focused on the right things for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to tie together data from across AWS to enable effective decision making. They will have a strong track record of consulting with technical and non-technical customers and translating their data or program asks into actionable reporting and insights. They will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. They will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand way. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working with large-scale data and is excited to partner with key stakeholders to dig deep into data to understand their space and identify insights to direct strategy and measure impact. This person will be a creative problem solver who is resourceful, proactive, and collaborative with proven ability to work independently on multiple projects under tight time constraints. Ingenuity and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly dynamic and ambiguous environment.
– Design, develop, and evaluate recurring and ad hoc reporting to drive and monitor the business using tools such as Excel, SQL, and Quicksight. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Process Optimization - Conduct regular deep dives and gap analyses to derive actionable insights on how to improve processes. Provide and deliver process optimization recommendations to leadership. Work closely with business teams and staff to optimize business processes and . Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self- for customers
Process Documentation - Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes.
Project Management - Produce detailed business requirements, coordinate stakeholder meetings, and participate in stakeholder management.
Problem Solving - Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems and possible mitigation plans in advance. Strong desire and ability to dive deep into a given problem statement.
Subject Matter Expert – Develop deep knowledge of the AWS WWRO functions and how they downstream/upstream systems used by AWS. Act as a trusted adviser for our customers by sharing best practices and requirements for optimal use of these systems. Develop deep knowledge of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical audiences at all levels, including demonstrated success influencing senior leaders and decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, projects, and opportunities to improve the outcomes of our largest strategic projects and programs
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Experience participating in excellence or process improvement projects