The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Business Process Analyst to join our Information Services team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Business Systems Analysis and working in close collaboration with Program Management Office, you will be responsible for identifying, documenting and evaluating new and existing workflows and making recommendations towards efficiency of process, positive customer experience and opportunity for better use of systems and automation.
You possess a strong knowledge of People Services/Human Resources processes and systems i.e. Payroll, HRIS, etc. and Health Systems, CRM, logistics and equipment loan systems.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those "life happens moments"
Meaningful Work: you will be co-creating transformative and innovative solutions that create an impact at a global level
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the teams, project manager(s), and cross-functional representatives to develop an understanding of, document and prioritize business processes
- Work with an external vendor for process efficiencies and integration of future state processes and systems in partnership with a systems analyst.
- Capture compliance, documentation and reporting requirements within processes
- Develop a broad understanding of PS and Health systems and other relevant tools to support efficiency of process and customer experience
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to drive project success and process changes
- Work with stakeholders to ensure their adequate participation to ensure project success
- Facilitate the knowledge transfer of the specific processes to the relevant business units
- Analyse, interpret, develop and align requirements for processes and workflows
- Organize, facilitate/lead and participate in business process workshops with stakeholder groups
- Analyse existing and define new processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness from a client-centred, organizational and risk mitigation perspective
- Analyse and report on gaps between the current and future state of business environments
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels in a constructive manner in improving current systems, tools or processes
- Create and maintain business process models
- Measure and recognise process inefficiency / variation and apply process improvement tools to rectify.
- Trace processes and process maps from business and stakeholder requirements
- Analyze and suggest improvements in effectiveness, efficiency and services provided
- Interview staff members and review existing documentation to capture current processes
- Help support Change Management with the transition and identify quick win efficiencies as well as help develop a roadmap to transition people from current to future state.
- Coordinate the implementation of new processes including supporting communication and training for the PS and Health teams ensuring the alignment with system workflows and relevant data collection
- Create an environment, system or steps that facilitate a continual improvement approach to process development
- Ensure that developed standards and guidelines are followed, and recommend changes to standards and guidelines if appropriate
- Participate in analysis, reporting and recommendations for alignment with strategic direction
We're looking for:
- Black Belt qualification in Lean Six Sigma
- Experienced in process mapping, functional analysis and bottom-up procedure development
- Excellent end-user documentation skills using a variety of tools/formats, visual, narrative
- Proficient in written and spoken English and French
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is an asset
- University Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent certification or experience
- Ability to work from home as the primary workspace.
- 5+ years of experience in business process analysis, and project management
- Proven business process analysis skills and experience
- Proven experience in customer centric swim lane process mapping of current and target business processes
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and leading process mapping/process improvement workshops
- Prior experience in a business transformation project/ initiative is a definite asset
- Knowledge in applying methodologies and documentation practices related to the implementation of a business methodology whether project management, business analysis, change management, case management as examples
- Non-profit organization experience would be beneficial
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- Experience with Smartsheet, Jira, and SharePoint software is beneficial
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Strong facilitation skills
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Client service skills are necessary and required