What You’ll Get to Do:
This position will entail supporting Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS & IMF) working directly with the customer to provide process improvement support to existing teams and programs on the shipyard. This position will support ongoing Strategic Planning Sessions, oversight of the Standard Work Program, facilitate Department Head and other meetings, track Command-level initiatives, coordinate monitoring of audit findings and assist with alignment of efforts across the different PSNS & IMF trade shops and support codes. It will also include managing communications, customer expectations, staff and deliverables in the performance of these activities.
More About the Role:
- Lead planning, execution and close-out actions for routine meetings, strategic off-site meetings, teleconferences and Strategic Planning Sessions.
- Enhance the methods, tools, effectiveness, and outcomes of Naval Shipyard Innovation and Implementation and ensure alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Support local and corporate Working Groups & Communities of Practice.
- Foster an open exchange of ideas and best management practices; build business acumen and relationships; and enhance the professional knowledge, skills, and abilities of PSNS & IMF personnel at all levels of the Command.
- Provide ongoing technical and logistical support, along with training and facilitation services, to increase individual and team competency within local teams.
- Support Command strategic and tactical initiatives through portfolio management, action tracking and return on investment calculation and monitoring.
- Provide consulting, coordination, and multi-media communication, as needed, to accomplish or assist with overall task management.
- Provide tools and methods to analyze and assess program activities and initiatives, projected results, participant engagement, actual outcomes, and overall effectiveness of the supported teams, measures, metrics, and risk factors to aid decision making, program management, and action planning.
- Provide information for various management systems.
- Support, coordinate and manage customer expectations in preparation of documentation, deliverables, and staff assignments, as required.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active security clearance.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university or 10+ years of experience performing Continuous Process Improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using cloud-based knowledge management systems (SharePoint, iNFUSION Suite, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the preparation, selection, organization, and presentation of information in a concise and coherent manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers at all levels of the organization in a professional, effective manner.
- Experience in supervising, managing, and developing personnel.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with senior leadership.
- Training and experience in Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, or Theory of Constraints.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- MBA or master’s degree in relevant field.
- Knowledge or experience working in a Naval or Shipyard environment.
- Experience in the planning and design of new facilities with the intent of reducing waste.
- Experience in executive-level coaching and mentoring.
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, or Theory of Constraints.
- Project Management Professional Certification
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.