We are looking for individuals to design and deliver high quality human services that help Virginians achieve safety, independence and overall well-being.
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is seeking an independent manager as its’ Business Process Re-engineering Manager reporting to the Chief of Staff. This position is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining business processes and procedures to meet the agency’s objectives.
The successful candidate will serve as the enterprise business process reengineering (BPR) manager and lead BPR practitioner within the agency’s Commissioner’s Office responsible for developing, integrating and overseeing the agency’s BPR framework. The incumbent will also be the agency’s lead BPR practitioner to identify, prioritize, design, deliver and monitor business process improvements throughout the organization. Works closely with portfolio leadership, division directors, and agency business owners to build capacity, determine business issues, initiate process mapping, establish performance metrics and recommend solutions to drive successful completion and operational improvement using Lean Six Sigma methodology. Manages complex components of a business process engagement, working closely with staff to understand pain points, identify waste in processes and drive a culture of continuous improvement. Develops general BPR framework, templates and toolkits to support agency staff with non-enterprise BPR management responsibilities.
- Project/Program Management – Advanced strategic and operational expertise in BPR management and methodology; Ability to identify and communicate priorities, issues, risks, costs and interdependencies across the agency’s BPR portfolio
- Planning & Development - Demonstrated ability to develop, scale and oversee the Enterprise BPR projects in support of the agency’s strategic initiatives; experience conducting needs assessments in support of BPR initiatives
- Training/Coaching - Demonstrated ability to provide BPR training, consultation, education and best practices to business owners, cross-functional teams and potential “lean leaders” across the agency
- Business Interaction – Ability to assemble cross-functional and matrixed teams to ensure shared understanding, informed decision-making, strategic process alignment, successful business transformation, and increased customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Executive Reporting – Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare & deliver executive level presentations; provide critical updates using consistent documentation, project plans, status reports, etc.; Ability to model, measure and quantify improvements and impediments
- Governance – Ability to ensure compliance and scalability of BPR methodology, tools and processes
- Communication - Ability to communicate BPR initiatives effectively at all levels of the agency and build engagement amongst various stakeholder groups and process owners
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification, Black Belt, or Master Black Belt certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field or equivalent applicable experience and/or training.