As an Analyst in the Operational Excellence Chapter, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting the successful delivery of operational improvement initiatives. These initiatives are often referred to as Business Process Reengineering, Lean or Six Sigma projects. Our efforts aim to significantly reduce cost, cycle time and risk while improving the end-to-end customer and colleague experience. Your information gathering experience, problem solving skills and ability to become a trusted business partner will help shape the future of the Chapter and Citizens. In addition, you will help strengthen Citizens adoption and education of Agile principles and the use of reengineering tools, frameworks and methodologies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Uses standard Lean/Six-Sigma/Reengineering tools & frameworks in an Agile environment to formulate cogent problem statements, identify core issues, recommend innovative solutions, quantify opportunities and measure implementation results.
- Facilitates end-to-end process mapping sessions in order to document current state and future state operating models. The maps will consider all aspects of an operating model including: people, process, technology and policy.
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative information using a variety of tools. Based on the information, identifies root causes and provides valued business insights that help guide teams.
- Supports business partners in developing and implementing performance measures. May assist in developing implementation plans, preparing for an implementation (e.g., documentation, training, etc.) or monitoring an implementation (e.g., control charts, continuous improvement, etc.). Quantifies results.
- Conducts research and benchmarking on operating model best practices and market trends to foster innovation and to provide new business insights.
- Fosters Citizens’ values: exceeds customer expectations, does the right thing, thinks long term and collaborates with others. Builds solid business relationships and becomes a trusted partner.
- As a team member of the Chapter, helps improve the team’s capabilities and the Chapter’s operating model so that the Chapter can deliver even great value for its business partners.
- As an individual in the Chapter, continuously strives to improve oneself through a strong professional development program.
- 2-3 years of experience in operational improvement, financial services. banking or consulting with a track record of collaborating on cross-functional initiatives that resulted in creating significant value.
- Knowledge in one or more operational improvement frameworks, methodologies or toolkits such as Lean, Six Sigma or Business Process Reengineering.
- Experience in taking risks and learning from failures.
- A BS/BA is required (science/engineering preferred)