The Capacity Planner is responsible for capacity planning, hardware planning and forecasting activities pertaining to all post fab manufacturing processes for both internal and external suppliers.
The Capacity Planner will have a complete understanding of product and resource requirements, manufacturing capacities, throughput rates, capital equipment/hardware lead-times, resource utilization, and sourcing strategies.
The Capacity Planner will also have responsibility for the development, utilization, and maintenance of internal capacity models for all post fab manufacturing processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Short-Term and Long-Term Forecast Generation
- Analyze capacity constraints and identify solutions to resolve
- Manage constraint resolution in collaboration with cross-functional teams including Product/Test Engineering, Sourcing, Business Units, Operations, and Quality Engineering teams.
- Communicate forecast demands to suppliers and work closely with supplier teams to solution capacity conflicts to support build plan and forecast demands
- Generate capacity scenarios and recommend solutions to support demand upsides, sourcing strategies, utilization strategies, and capacity expansion strategies
- Define system requirements, process requirements and process efficiency improvements. Collaborate with IT and BPA teams to implement.
- Maintain capacity planning attributes and resource availability in the planning system
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or related field.
- 5+ years Supply Chain Management experience (may include risk analysis, efficiency maximization, data analysis/mining, manufacturing processes) or related work experience.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma
- 8+ years Supply Chain Management experience (may include risk analysis, efficiency maximization, data analysis/mining, manufacturing processes) in semiconductor industry or related work experience.
- 3+ years exposure to manufacturing plan optimization, capacity planning, or related work experience.
- 3+ years experience with MRP tools (e.g., Oracle ASCP, Rapid Response, APO).
- 3+ years experience with project management including managing resources, mitigating risk, etc.; PMP certification is a plus.
- 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).