- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and transformation of data sources using SQL, Redshift, Oracle, or other Big Data technologies
- Proficient in SQL, including the ability to pull data and use data to identify and solve problems
- Proficient in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools
- Experience with operational, process, and performance improvement projects
- Desire to work in fast paced and rapidly changing environments
- Flexibility to travel up to 50%
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work at Amazon!
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with an eye for operational improvement opportunities and be able to create and maintain efficient and automated processes. They will be able to take a vision and strategy, and work through execution alongside stakeholders in the organization to make it happen.
You will have fun exploring continuous improvement opportunities in drone delivery operations and building insights through data analysis. We are looking for a talented, hands-on analyst, who takes pride in building simple solutions for complex problems. If you are a proactive problem solver that can confidently and clearly communicate knowledge and results to business partners and other team members; are able to establish good working relationships with relevant business personnel across your department, we want to hear from you!
This Data Analyst role will work closely with the flight operations team to provide data and analytical support for ACES initiatives.
- Designing of queries, compiling of data, and generation of reports in MS Access and Excel
- Charting and graphing of data for reporting purposes
- In depth research of defect trends
- Data collection and entry as needed
- Present analysis in easily digestible standard reports
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve problems and drive business decisions.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
- Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- Experience in aviation or other regulated industry
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Finance or related field BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Finance or related field
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot In Command license and Class II FAA medical
- Experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams