Works directly with the VP of Customer Services, Directors, and other leaders to provide critical continuous and process improvement leadership. Manages team(s) that are both internal or external to SoCalGas (i.e., industrial engineers, analysts, or process experts) and provides oversight to standardize and improve business processes and controls across the Customer Services organization, utilizing continuous improvement methodology. Partners closely with Performance Management & Organizational Strategy on project and resource support, as well as best practice alignment. Manages major project and has cross department oversight of the continuous improvement process across the Customer Services organization.
Develops and manages quality observations and analysis of the contact center's customer interactions in order to increase performance, enhance quality, and improve customer experience. Manages quality assurance (QA) activities to ensure compliance with policy and support customer strategies. Drives performance improvement through coaching initiatives and performance management strategies. Collaborates with all Customer Contact Center (CCC) Managers to drive strategy and implement process improvement projects.
Responsible for strategic and financial planning for CCC to ensure the department meets their budget and customer service goals. Identifies ways to improve customer service, plans, analyzes and manages the financial performance of the contact center operations, reduce Average Handle Time and agent live calls. Works with the Budget Planner and provides guidance on budget preparation and budget outlooks and serves as the strategic planner for the CCC's GRC.
Responsible for SOX business controls, records, and data requirements, and the development of business analytics reporting metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, manages, and drives continuous improvement projects and initiatives focused on mapping and documenting processes, providing recommendations towards improving productivity and optimal business processes across the SoCalGas Customer Services departments. Oversees and manages the work of various highly skilled employees (Industrial Engineers, Project Managers, and Analytic experts)Leads, conducts, and manages Lean Six Sigma efforts utilizing external benchmarking of key performance metrics, and best practices. Partners with other Customer Service leaders to determine costs/benefits of improvement strategies.
- Ensures continuous improvement by managing the review, analysis of quality observation sample for patterns, trends, process and systemic issues (utilizes data analytics and reporting tools, such as Speech Analytics, Path NPM, Power BI, etc.). Recommends quality and process improvements for Customer Contact Center (CCC) employees. Partners with CCC managers to set continuous improvement priorities and objectives, monitor progress, analyze key performance indicators, and use project management methods to execute initiatives, monitor improvements and benefits realization. May lead cross functional CCC teams to identify and implement system and/or process enhancements, and measure results, call activity and task workflow, identify productivity and quality trends.
- Develops and implements processes to aid in measuring goals, track labor savings, increase productivity, standardize KPI's and create sustainable financial results throughout the customer service organization. Creates, standardization, and shares best practices across various departments to drive consistency and efficiency. Calculates estimated savings from changes in order to meet the budgetary goals. Is also responsible for developing and executing the Customer Contact Center's GRC strategy and may serve as a witness.
- Collaborates with the CCC Training & Policy Development manager to align initiatives with training, policy/procedures, and implementation of changes. Manages Performance Advisors to drive coaching initiatives in response to strategic performance goals and focus on opportunities for improvement in coaching and performance management.
- Manages business systems analysts to develop and implement advanced analytics, new programs, and process improvement initiatives and manages end to end implementation including the development of operational and SOX business controls, records and data requirements, application testing, and development of business analysis reporting metrics. This requires defining the scope and deliverables of specific quality & process improvement projects, including statistical sampling of specific call/transaction types.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Data Analytics, Industrial Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience. Required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and develop appropriate implementation plan. Advanced
- Results-oriented individual with strong leadership and influencing skills to lead cross-functional teams and drive objectives. Must be able to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions. Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities. Possesses strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence those with divergent opinions toward consensus. Advanced
- Strong analytic skills, specifically in Lean Six Sigma, statistical process control charts, including establishing upper and lower limits in statistical process control. Advanced
- Working knowledge of basic statistical analysis concepts that are applicable to Lean Six Sigma process control. Advanced
- Knowledgeable in business or production operations and have strong analytical skills to identify what process needs improvements. Must be detail-oriented and be able to establish quality controls and verification processes to ensure accurate reporting. Must have strong communication and writing skills for internal and external executive summaries. Ability to translate data analytics and results into general business language. Advanced
- Must be able to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audience for presentations to company management and executives. Advanced
- Must have strong financial acumen and/or ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis Intermediate
Licenses and Certifications
- At a minimum, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt is required. Required
- Professional certifications/advanced degrees such as CPA, CMA, MBA, PMP, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) black belt Preferred
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma (higher than Green Belt) and/or other process improvement methodologies Preferred