This role is a critical position to enable and advance the Supply Chain & Cost transformation journey for Kimberly- Clark Professional. The KCP CI consultant is responsible for the development of continuous improvement capabilities and the associated delivery of value from CI initiatives and plans across the end to end supply chain in support of business objectives.
This position will provide leadership, vision, coordination and support to the KCP supply chain organization, to drive and sustain focused improvements in cost, customer value and Supply Chain performance, utilizing Lean Six Sigma techniques and thinking, and integrating into our day to day business processes and metrics.
KC Professional Supply Chain Leadership team, Mill Managers, Functional leaders, business teams.
- Identify, develop, lead and deliver the targeted financial results (Cost reduction, savings and/or Working capital) from supply chain improvement initiatives.
- Provide strategic analysis and leverage industry standards, methodologies and tools to identify “Full Potential” improvement opportunities.
- Use VSM and LEAN SIX SIGMA tools to examine our end to end supply chains from a product, cash, and information flow to identify gaps between current state and an improved future state to deliver customer value, business value and top line growth for our business.
- Lead Continuous improvement initiatives leveraging Six Sigma, Lean and Transformation/OPEX methodologies for step change in results.
- Provide coaching through problem solving activities to address ongoing barriers to delivery.
- Drive Value Stream Thinking and concepts throughout the supply chain organization, including Kaizen support to drive flow and customer value creation.
- Ensure existing business processes and improvement activities are integrated to provide a coherent framework to the business and to enable ongoing sustained results after the transformation is complete.
- Facilitates the development, introduction and tracking of leader standard work within focus area to ensure sustainable metrics and processes are in place to keep what we have invested in.
- Build the CI Capability of the organization in order to deliver sustainable and meaningful change.
- Coach, teach and develop teams in CI methodologies and thinking (Leader as a teacher).
- Identify capability gaps and prioritizes activities to address these gaps.
- Facilitate Kaizen events and Simple Problem Solving within the organization.
- Communicate and create compelling cases for change to build new understanding, experiences, and beliefs.
- Support the development and deployment of global Continuous Improvement and OPEX Standards.
The position reports to the KCP Director of Supply Chain Strategy and Value Creation. This role supports improvements and capability building across the KCP Supply Chain Organization. Along with other KCP CI professionals will provide dedicated support to lead, drive and sustain the delivery of targeted value creation objectives, as well as fostering a culture that relentlessly pursues the reduction of non-value added activities and waste across the entire business.
Normal office conditions. Travel is expected to be in the 15-20% range.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in supply chain, operations, and project leadership.
- Working knowledge of LEAN SIX SIGMA principles
- Experience in both supply chain (i.e. logistics, planning) and operations in a variety of leadership and/or support roles.
- Capability to conduct supply chain benchmark and performance data analytics, including basic financial analysis (Cost, Cash, ROI).
- Working knowledge of LEAN SIX SIGMA thinking, systems and tools.
- Consistent track record of delivering results while creating and maintaining a constructive work environment
- Willing to challenge the status quo and facilitate different perspectives to drive solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead implementation of projects and contribute to the development of vision and strategy.
- Ability to influence others and drive collaboration across businesses and functions with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results and trusted relationships with others.
- Ability to provide work direction to team members not in a direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated strengths: stakeholder management, analysis, project management, planning and organizing.
- Tenacity to achieve a strategic vision, optimism that raises the expectations of our performance, and flexibility to adapt the plan to ensure we progress on our journey in a way that brings our teams along on the journey in a collaborative and positive manner.