As a key member of the Americas C.I. Team, the Coordinator of Continuous Improvement will support the Americas C.I. team in the delivery of training programs that support the manufacturing goals and initiatives of the Crown Americas Division business units. This includes the Division programs for Safety Leadership, Basic Lean Management System deployment, and Toyota Kata Scientific Problem Solving. Additionally, the role will support the knowledge transfer of key safety and lean training concepts and tools, from the classroom to the plant floor. The Coordinator of Continuous Improvement will engage in the development and hands-on coaching of individuals and teams in a context of lean management system deployment.
The Coordinator of Continuous Improvement will serve as a technical subject matter expert on lean/6sigma tools and their applications, while pursuing expertise in organizational development as it pertains to implementing a strong, long-lasting, lean/6sigma continuous improvement culture.
The Coordinator of Continuous Improvement will represent The Americas Division C.I. team as a subject matter expert in providing technical and Lean Six Sigma training and coaching support for business units across the CROWN Americas Division platform. Assists as a coordinator and assistant instructor of Crown Americas Safety Leadership, Lean-BLMS, and Six Sigma workshops. Provides support to lean six sigma kaizen events for the business units where assigned.
- Support the Americas C.I. team in the delivery of safety leadership and lean/6sigma programs for the Americas Division.
- Participate and contribute in, the continuous improvement of the Americas Division lean/6sigma enterprise implementation strategy, to move Crown’s lean/6sigma program closer to world-class.
- Participate in external benchmarking to continually learn and improve on the Division’s lean/6sigma strategy.
- As a Crown Americas lean/6 sigma practitioner, support the execution of these strategies across all areas of the company while continuously pursuing personal mastery of lean/6sigma philosophies, principles, and practical application techniques.
- Assume the role of project champion/ facilitator or consultant for key Americas Division initiatives where assigned.
- BS in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, or other engineering disciplines, with experience in manufacturing operations and quality systems.
- Previous experience with Lean/6sigma programs helpful.
- A growth seeking individual who is energized by continuous learning, development, and advancement, and is willing to work toward those goals through self-determination. This role will offer growth potential in Americas C.I., as well as future Line Management openings throughout the Americas.
- 3-5 years prior experience in a manufacturing leadership role with a proven track record.
- Strong collaboration skills are a must for this role. Must be able to work with various levels within and external to the organization while demonstrating emotional intelligence.
- Project management skills.
- Technical skills.
- Classroom/platform skills. (Must be willing to lead presentations and content in a classroom / lab environment)
- Organizational skills.
- Follow-up skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be flexible and able to travel 50-60%.
- Must be resilient and capable of dealing with ambiguity.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams formats.