Responsible for productivity gains and coordinating the continuous improvement activity on assigned manufacturing and support processes at the facility. This may be accomplished by, but not limited to, leading, facilitating, delegating, hands-on, etc… approach, using appropriate Lean and Six Sigma tools.
Areas of focus are: Safety, Quality, Process (tooling, equipment, etc.), Efficiency, and Cost Reduction initiatives.
Works with Operations leadership to perform the following duties:
- Spends 60% of the time on productivity projects identified from Value Stream Maps or data collection
- Maintain productivity database
- Provide overall cell leadership and direction for Continuous Improvement initiatives by analyzing and improving manufacturing (and support) processes.
- Drive metric reporting at the cell level.
- Lead RCCA (Root cause corrective action) analysis across the plant.
- Manage running action item list to connect multiple meeting actions into one database.
- Initiate and conduct project reviews with project team members and others as appropriate (i.e. engineering, manufacturing, safety, quality manager, and plant management.)
- Execute duties for continuous improvement projects through tools such as Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN, value stream mapping, cell layout, etc.
- Initiate, formulate, and prepare proposals directed toward cost reductions or avoidance. Monitor and document all aspects of spending (capital and expenses) relating to projects, processes, repairs, and improvements implemented.
- Perform all duties as assigned and in accordance with required safety regulations and quality standards.
Education & Technical Experience:
BS Degree in a technical field or the equivalent demonstrated ability, which is typically acquired through 2 - 5 years’ experience in a process or technical position.
Previous manufacturing experience in Quality, Safety, Systems, LEAN, or Six Sigma principles/methodology preferred.
Six Sigma trained: green belt, black belt preferred.
Must be able to effectively combine theoretical training with practical experience in a “hand-on” environment.
Must have personal computer proficiency, business administration know-how, and able to communicate ideas orally, in writing and lead a project team.