The position plays a key role in the Lean culture transformation. This person facilitates the deployment of the Lean strategy for the site; Delivers training and workshop (kaizen) facilitation to deliver improvements to targeted customer focused teams; Works hands-on with leadership and cross-functional teams to execute continuous improvement projects; Performs administrative tasks tied to Lean projects; Identifies and shares best practices for broader adoption across other customer focused teams in the site; Develops the Lean skills of the site to create Lean facilitators.
- Work with the Lean Site Lead to determine the Customer Focus Team level action plan that supports the strategy deployment plan for Lean Six Sigma at the site.
- Mentor / develop the skills of candidates for future Lean Facilitators.
- Execute their assigned deliverables from the Site Strategy Deployment plan. This includes the delivery of training and providing facilitation of kaizen and workshops for cross-functional teams.
- Identify best practices and share with their department members for possible deployment in other teams within the site.
- Participate in and/or lead the Gemba (“go and see”) activities with the senior team at the site.
- Regularly assist in providing training and work guidance to others (while doing similar work) on job content or work methods and procedures.
- Train Site on Lean Concepts.
- Assist in facilitating Kaizen Events.
- Manage/Drive Lean projects and key performance indicators.
- Drive SQDCM communication/metrics board development and activities.
- Lead and/or participate in time/load studies, process flow mapping, value stream mapping sessions, spaghetti diagram exercises, workload analysis, built in quality activity, 5S.
- Define process problems that lead to throughput or quality issues, evaluates cause of problem, implements solutions to stabilize processes, evaluates results.
- Automate where ever possible.
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge, workshop/kaizen facilitation, proven competency to deliver introductory training, change management
- Drive business results through the application of Lean methods
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional team members
- Quick learner, hungry for knowledge
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Passion for challenging status quo and driving continuous improvement
- Engineering foundation competencies
- Knowledge of industry and quality standards
- Good organization skills
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Knowledge of materials and components used in the construction of systems and subassemblies
- Knowledge of industry and quality standards for incoming materials
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyze data and determine root cause of problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external customers
- Competency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Solidworks and Minitab knowledge a plus
- Successful experience in cross-functional collaboration
- Competency to deliver introductory training
- 3+ years of experience working in a Continuous Improvement capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on involvement in delivering kaizen projects
- Experience executing cost reduction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or other applicable engineering degrees
- Green Belt or higher certification a plus