Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport, Iowa is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to work as part of dynamic development team to advance plant-wide Continuous Improvement objectives at our Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will serve as a change agent and assist management by studying and sharing best practices with other teams and by leading teams and projects using a variety of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize advanced Continuous Improvement methodologies in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, & Root Cause Analysis, along with basic tools, such as, A3 reporting, 5 Why analysis, 5S, etc.
- Develop Continuous Improvement toolkit and operating fundamentals.
- Drive Kaizen events and continuous improvement efforts.
- Improve customer satisfaction by helping the division reduce cost and lead-time while improving quality and service.
- Work closely with Quality teams to identify adverse trends and systemic issues in order to ensure accurate root-cause analyses and to determine areas of culpability. Develop actions to focus programs on these areas to drive measurable improvement.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure an appropriate level of assistance is provided in creating or modifying procedures, work instructions, and templates to institutionalize Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Work closely with Training resources to train and motivate associates in the use and implementation of Continuous Improvement principles.
- Advance program through necessary evolution to drive a true Continuous Improvement culture and engrain associated behaviors in the organization.
- Reduce waste and drive best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical degree
- 2+ years’ experience in Continuous Improvement efforts using Lean process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business
- 2+ years in a lean manufacturing environment
- 2+ years participating in Continuous Improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 1+ years’ experience leading Continuous Improvement efforts using Six-Sigma process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business.
- Successful project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to diverse teams and functions.
- Demonstrated effective and professional presentation techniques and skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, and motivation skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to take a proactive and aggressive goal-setting approach in developing a Lean culture.
- Comfortable working with multiple departments.