- Focuses on improving manufacturing and business processes through the application of Lean Manufacturing and other Operational Excellence principles.
- Initiates, leads and implements multiple projects simultaneously to deliver measurable business results in the areas of safety, quality, service, and productivity improvement projects.
- Uses effective project management methodologies to ensure that projects have well defined and appropriately scoped charters, milestones, thorough risk analysis, and logical benefit estimations.
- Develops, coaches, and mentors production and support staff to actively advance the knowledge and application of Operational Excellence methodology, tools, and techniques.
- Acts as an educational and technical resource for site leaders and operators as they engage in and complete operational excellence and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for establishing, tracking, communicating and improving line performance metrics in the areas of safety, cost, OEE, yield, productivity, throughput, service and quality. Optimizes manufacturing standards through visual management and real time communication.
- Continuously reviews area performance and utilizes plant metrics to identify and prioritize improvement areas and projects that ensure departmental goals are achieved. Responsible for the establishment, maintenance and enhancement of the plant performance metrics process.
- Position may require some off-shift hours and weekends to support projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer degree in engineering or with relevant manufacturing / operational excellence and continuous improvement experience (minimum 3 to 5 years).
- Demonstrated leadership of teams and projects to produce significant measurable business results.
- Experience managing cross functional teams preferred.
- Demonstrated application and in-depth knowledge of continuous improvement, Six Sigma and Lean tools. Demonstrated capability to teach, coach and lead others in the application of continuous improvement, operational excellence, Six Sigma and Lean tools.
- Formal lean and/or continuous improvement training required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Required / Black Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Action and results oriented with a consistent track record of achieving quantifiable business results.
- Excellent communication, leadership and influencing skills. Project management skills.
- Ability to drive change. Demonstrates initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, GMP, EHS and safety processes preferred