Primarily focused on safety, quality, cost saving technologies, reliability, and High Performance Work Systems. The role directly supports a business unit and partners with a BU Leader, Maintenance Leader and others within the business unit to deliver their area's objectives (IR, RFT, OEE, GR1, TACO). Leads continuous improvement and cost savings projects to ensure the company remains competitive.
Utilizes Basic CI tools, such as process mapping, cause-and-effect diagrams, value stream mapping, RCFA, Kaizen events, 5Whys, ZLA design-of-experiment, FMEA, capability studies, statistical process control as well as Operational Reliability tools (Centerlining, Autonomous Maintenance, 5s) to lead teams, events or individuals to ensure processes are optimized and capable of meeting specification.
Trends and analyzes data to identify opportunities for improvement. Responsible for creating and establishing standard operating procedures, identifying process opportunities and justifying capital and expense projects. This role requires the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with management, business teams, vendors, and plant operations
Principal Accountabilities (list in order of importance and indicate percentage of time spent on each)
- 30% - Identify and investigate business opportunities and investigate complex problems and requirements to reduce the Business unit's Total Delivered Costs. Provide the Business Unit with on-site technical services and engineered solutions for cost saving initiatives, quality improvement initiatives, new manufacturing processes for capability and efficiency improvements for existing equipment.
- 40% - Lead Problem solving initiatives driven from the DDS priorities. Ensure corrective actions fix problems so they do not reoccur, not just a short-term mend.
- 10% - Support new product launches / commercialization. Including executing and supporting commissioning of new product formats and new product start-ups / commercialization. Provide technical input or direction to Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance on a broad range of manufacturing processes.
- 20% - Lead or participate on TPM Kaizen team. Utilizes six sigma tools such as process mapping, cause-and-effect diagrams, 5 Why analysis, design-of-experiment, capability studies and statistical process control to ensure processes are optimized and capable of meeting specification.
- 10% - Manages the Change Control program to ensure all changes deliver safe and high quality products.
Job Complexity (provide several examples of typical work related problems that this position is expected to resolve)
- Developing and implementing procedures and systems to ensure products consistently meet or exceed customer expectations
- Conducting process audits to review Centerlines, SPC, DDS; Identifying and eliminating common causes of product and process variation (troubleshooting)
- Analyzing product and process data, providing feedback and making recommendations to optimize performance Identifying and implementing process improvements and best practices; Implementing corrective actions for issues surfaced through the DDS process
- Partnering with Maintenance to develop and implement Total Productive Maintenance (Centerline, AM, 5S) plans for equipment to ensure employee understanding and ownership; Partnering with our R&D & Quality resources to develop Product Specifications that are achievable and capable in the manufacturing environment.; Partnering with our Master data & Finance resources to ensure all BOM and raw materials match the manufacturing specifications, raw material specifications and are tied back to our internal cost standards
Job Specifications (Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job)
- Minimum education required: BS/BA
- Education Preferred: BS in Engineering
- Years of relevant experience: 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate within the United States
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and make decisions
- Analytical capability and high level of creativity
- Effective communication, leadership interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellence in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and chemical process systems
- Six Sigma GB or BB preferred