Silgan Containers, the largest metal food can producer in the U.S., is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer based in Riverbank, CA in support of our manufacturing operations. The Continuous Improvement Engineer (CI Eng.) will be the lead change agent within a region of manufacturing plants. CI Eng. will foster the change, transformation and sustainment culture. They will be involved in identifying, optimizing, and facilitation of process improvements. CI Engineer then assists in developing plans and implementing such improvements. This position will be involved in training facility managers and hourly employees in following Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing Methodologies.
The CI Engineer role requires an average of 15% overnight travel to our manufacturing facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with plant to place a significant focus on value through rigorous continuous improvement and problem solving methods.
- Work with plant’s leadership team to define, plan and execute continuous improvement activity to achieve future state targets.
- Identify, remove, and minimize manufacturing issues through waste elimination and variation reduction leading to increased capacity, reduced complexity, improved efficiency, logistics, safety and cost.
- Develop, deliver and support programs to teach Silgan personnel about Lean and Sigma principles, tools and concepts such as: Coaching, Kaizens, RCCA, 5S, TPM, Gemba, SMED, and others.
- Ability to gather statistical information and relate this information to Plant Management.
- Coordinate Cost Improvement projects
- Develop and implement necessary training to affected employees.
- Conduct follow up studies to ensure that new process improvements are working and being followed.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree relating to a technical field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
- Prior experience in high speed manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of lean manufacturing experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others at all levels of an organization
- Must be a self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks and maintain priorities and organization with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels.