The Group Lead, Manufacturing Continuous Improvement - Black Belt will provide a full range of productivity services to Operations and direct cost reduction programs for factories including leading lean events, implementing Lean/CI systems throughout the North American facilities, developing and measuring facility systems and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facilities. Direction in disciplines of best business practices including, but not limited to, yield improvement, manpower utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods.
- Manage the current/implemented manufacturing CI process across Operations division
- This position will support management in the development, planning and execution of CI strategy
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions
- Act as change agent in challenging existing approaches and performance
- Responsible for planning and assisting in the execution of CI routines/rituals, improving the business’s performance across Operations division
- Strong leadership demonstration in areas of change management and accountability
- Partner with POD Lead and Execution team, facilities to identify improvement projects throughout Operations
- Focus on manufacturing performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve conformance to plan, reduce conversion costs and to improve efficiency using continuous improvement methodologies and tools
*Coordinate major initiatives across the supply chain to insure optimum cost. This coordination will include, but not be limited to, purchasing, distribution, and manufacturing
- Able to coach and mentor Lean Six Sigma projects throughout Operations
- Ability to replicate best practices - sell the organization on the change associated with the proposals.
- Ownership for simplification of CI methods and applications for implementation
- To standardize ways of working across respective sites
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering (Preferably IE) or related field is required.
- 5+ years of Continuous Improvement experience is required with the ability to articulate continuous improvement methodologies, technologies, and process design.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certified is preferred
- Able to lead a team (matrix relationship) of Process Managers.
- Able to facilitate data-driven statistical approaches to problem solving
- Able to provide mentoring and coaching to Continuous Improvement Leaders / Professionals
- Must be willing to travel to facilities as needed.