Lydall Thermal/Acoustical Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a change agent for leading and managing continuous improvement processes while instilling a culture of accountability.
- Lead problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste in all areas throughout the Manufacturing areas. Instill a “hands-on” systematic approach to problem solving.
- Works collaboratively to drive continuous improvement and cost savings through application of Lean Manufacturing techniques such as 6S, SMED, Value Stream Analysis, Kanban, TPM in addition to facilitating Kaizen events.
- Assists in the design of new equipment layouts, setups and timing employing Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Works closely with the regional senior leadership to identify improvement projects and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Engage manufacturing team in continuous improvement process to ensure all projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop Tactical Plan with plant’s process engineering, continuous improvement and maintenance functions to support the Thermal/Acoustical Group’s Strategic Plan as outlined by the senior management team.
- Incorporate root cause analysis on various quality/engineering issues and verify that permanent corrective actions are implemented.
- Conducts studies on engineering proposals; assures initiatives are completed to meet safety, quality and cost goals.
- Performs on-going audits to insure best practice implementation, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Track weekly and/or monthly global Continuous Improvement and operations KPI and QOS metrics. Update monthly the OEE, A3, PDCA, Capital, Safety, capacity dashboards
- Promotes safety through active participation and support of company policies and procedures, in addition to initiating corrective action for recognized unsafe conditions or hazards. Reports employee injuries to the Human Resources Department.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-5 years minimum progressive experience implementing Lean practices (LSS) including working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma-Based continuous improvement methods
- Knowledge of multiple reliability equipment methods (i.e. TPM, FMEA, MTBF, MTBR, Design of Experiment, Fish Bone Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Ability to deliver presentations and lead team kaizen events.
- Ability to organize, manage and control workflow; ability to meet deadlines
- Project Management training
- Ability to function within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Be an effective problem solver
- Must be a STRONG “trouble-shooter” with a working knowledge of Hand-tools and Maintenance practices
- Well versed in MS Office. Knowledge of Visio & MS Project preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred