Catalent is hiring a Continuous Improvement Leader for the Kansas City location. We’re looking for a hands-on individual who can work independently and lead larger cross functional CI projects. Progress updates and site metrics will be maintained and routinely presented to leadership.
- Lead and/or support Operational Excellence projects that positively affect the business results of the site (S, Q, D, C, and Productivity).
- Engage teams to help establish a Continuous Improvement culture and execute advanced problem-solving activities
- Assist process-owners to champion projects through life-cycle from identification to sustaining change.
- Coach and mentor LEAN Six Sigma Project Leaders to complete projects on time by identifying and eliminating barriers by actively engaging any resources needed and supporting the work directly.
- Design, develop, and deliver site-appropriate LEAN Six Sigma training
- Coordinate with Global and Regional Deployment Leaders regarding project status, issues and accomplishments
- Network and collaborate with other CI Leaders to share best practices
- BS or BA degree in Engineering, Business, or Science is required.
Minimum of 2 years of continuous improvement experience is required; 1 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred.
- Must be a true hands on LEAN practitioner
- Demonstrated team leadership and project-management skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and drive results through others not under direct supervision
- Able to work under deadlines and handle multiple and detail-oriented tasks
- Experience applying LEAN and Six Sigma techniques in a manufacturing and business environment. (Black Belt or LEAN Master Certification desired but not mandatory)
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process