At Masonite we leverage the Mvantage Operating System (Masonite's Lean Operating System) to systemically focus on the identification & elimination of waste and non-value added activities within the organization. Our ultimate goal is the seamless flow of material through our sites – from incoming raw materials to our customers. The Continuous Improvement Leader will lead continuous improvement initiatives at assigned sites, including but not limited to the Model Plant Transformation Process and process improvement projects focused on customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and productivity. Travel up to 75%. Candidates may be considered for locations that are not listed if they are near an existing Masonite location or have easy access to a major airport.
- Leadership & Support of Masonite’s Continuous Improvement Strategy – focusing on Lean Transformation, Process Improvement, Global Standards and Training.
- Lead & Support the execution of our CI Strategy across assigned sites within Masonite’s three (3) divisions (Residential, Architectural and Components).
- Coach Local Plant Management teams and facilitate change management at sites in transformation.
- Ensure the targets for CI savings are achieved at assigned sites, managing the implementation of projects and lean initiatives with teams.
- Support the CI training certification at supported sites, providing training, mentoring, and coaching on use of Lean Tools and Methodologies.
- Act as a change agent – thrive in a matrix management environment to drive change and influence others within the organization to make sustainable and measurable improvements in processes.
- Provide individual mentoring and coaching to Lean Engineers as needed.
- Establish and grow communication channels with division leadership, site leadership, and support functions that support overall CI strategy and grow our CI culture.
- Lead Kaizen Events.
- Leverage best practices across sites and throughout the organization.
- Lead project execution through completion with a hands-on attitude to drive the continuous improvement culture on the shop floor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Business, or equivalent background with minimum of five year experience in operations or transactional environments.
- Five plus years of experience involving Lean Transformation.
- Experience leading and facilitating numerous Kaizen/VSM events (required)
- Working knowledge of Lean Operating Systems (i.e. TPS)
- Highly trained & Hands on experience with Lean / Six Sigma methodologies.
- Operations leadership / supervision experience preferred
- Prior experience providing training at all levels of the organization.
- Lean Leader, Greenbelt, Blackbelt certification preferred
- Excellent Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Result driven, exhibit business acumen, have proven analytical and problem solving skills, and demonstrate effective interpersonal ability to influence without authority.
- Must exhibit strong leadership, be self-motivated, process disciplined, and capable of successfully leading change in multi-functional teams with a take charge attitude.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be open-minded, and adapt to new ideas