This position has responsibility for advancing the overall lean maturity of the facility through creating, implementing, and sustaining overall continuous improvement and manufacturing programs. Owner of lean systems such as visual workplace, lean daily management, CI project hopper, and total preventative maintenance.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Under the guidance from the Plant Manager, direct the lean six sigma program by chartering new continuous improvement projects.
- Implement lean daily mgmt. to ensure visual controls, formal problem solving, and leader standard work are utilized to quickly identify, fix to root cause, and sustain solutions to problems.
- Review process value stream mapping and recommend staffing levels, materials, machines, methods and performance metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Develop and maintain a lean steering committee to ensure direction and sustainability of lean systems are aligned with business direction.
- Maintain CI project hopper and champion Kaizen opportunities for step change improvements to safety, quality, delivery, cost systems.
- Drive cultural transformation through engagement in continuous improvement initiatives, accountability through standard work, and creating an environment of equipment / process ownership.
- Create a visual workplace leveraging progressive 5S and visual controls. Manage plant wide KPIs, integrating data in decision making and prioritization of projects.
- In coordination with Operations, Maintenance, and Production to manage the TPM implementation schedule.
- Manage the operations “Good to Great” cost savings programs, meetings and action lists.
- Fairly and consistently adhere to all Company and Plant procedures, work rules and guidelines.
- Work with Operations to build training content and organize training sessions as needed.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines, and equipment as required.
- Assist and serve as the back-up for the Operations Manager as needed.
- May be required to support the operation outside of assigned shift hours or on weekends as needed.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Knowledge of Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), CGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred. Prior experience in continuous improvement initiatives a plus.
- 5-7 years previous supervisory and engineering experience in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment such as dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals preferred.