A Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager job in Sacramento, CA is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You will be responsible for managing all facility quality programs and implementing Continuous Improvement (CI) methods such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, 8-D Problem Solving and Value Analysis to drive out waste and improve productivity. You must have a minimum of five-plus years’ experience leading or driving CI and Lean initiatives. Along with a four-year college degree, preferably in the Engineering field. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager job responsibilities include:
- Be Part of Milgard's Continuous Improvement/Lean Culture!
- Manage all facility quality programs and implementing CI methods such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, 8-D Problem Solving and Value Analysis to drive out waste and improve productivity.
- This role will set the facility direction for CI and will foster the professional development of facility Leads, Supervisors, and Managers by being a leading, proactive change agent that drives a Continuous Improvement culture.
- This position manages the quality department and all responsibilities associated with improving product quality from the process through production by identifying and improving current inspection systems, quality operating procedures, and material and finished goods inspection requirements.
- Facilitate the management team to identify and develop annual improvement plans consistent with and support the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Identify goals for CI events and potential quantifiable savings.
- Facilitate the selection, scope, and planning of specific improvement projects.
- Develop training materials and effectively deliver those materials in a team environment to ensure employees throughout the facility are trained in CI concepts and philosophy.
- Handle overall program communications (future events, event updates, report outs).
- A minimum of five-plus years’ experience leading or driving CI/Lean initiatives
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior cross-functional team facilitation experience preferred
- Strong background in problem-solving, planning, and organization.
- Proven employee development and team-building skills.
- College Degree BA/BS preferably in the Engineering field
- Six Sigma certification