The evolution of the Newell Brands Supply Chain includes a focus on driving productivity through building capability in people, processes, and technology. PEAK, Newell’s branded improvement strategy, is fundamental to that goal. A Center of Excellence with a deep competency in implementation PEAK PACS (Processes, Applications, Capabilities, and Systems) in a Factory/Warehouse setting is a crucial element in our future success. This role is to establish, train and facilitate the PACS strategies throughout the operations, supporting business imperatives through the effective deployment of PEAK systems, capabilities, and methodology. Achieve objective performance improvement results through capability building, coaching, and deployment of PEAK and CI tools and processes.
- Establish the process for ongoing improvement, taking the PEAK methodology and developing training while implementing the process that will drive improved decision support and outcomes.
- Facilitate the development of Site Master Plan to deliver long and short-term business objectives through system deployment and capability building focused on alignment, the elimination of waste, and 100% employee engagement.
- Establish monthly, quarterly, and annual deployment strategies, plans, and tactics for the site (including all 4 wall functions)
- Own identification, facilitation, and tracking of functional cost improvement projects
- Align CI initiatives with the Overarching Strategic Plan and PEAK implementation strategy
- Coach and facilitate the leadership team through the integration of CI methods and strategy
- Build capability and deploy systems to optimize value streams and work processes
- Assure integration of all PACS (Processes, Applications, Capabilities, and Systems) and effective governance to standards and master plan priorities
- Implement site loss analysis, idea generation, & promotion process.
- Ensure that objectives are passed down and understood
- Build PACS teams, systems, and leaders linked to site strategy within the organization linked to National PACS Leaders
- Link PACS work groups to prioritized business opportunities
- Coach & train “champions” for each PACS
- Teach & support the teams in using problem solving & tracking tools
- Perform regular & periodic validation of each project / initiative with each function or operating unit.
- Network with other global and organizational leaders & to learn and share “Best Practices”.
- Provide guidance and alignment in support of the global PEAK Agenda
- Build the capability of the key internal resources needed to deliver on critical initiatives
- Foster key relationships with various functions
- Provide analytics and business intelligence to support project selection, root-cause analysis, project validation, etc.
- Ensure that PEAK work is impacting both results, and the culture change including:
- Capability building for setting, tracking and problem-solving measures
- Total employee involvement
- Linkages of individual and team activities to losses and the business need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading large projects and timelines
- Experience leading deployment of a Continuous Improvement methodology (TPM, Lean, Six Sigma)
- TPM, Lean, Six-Sigma or equivalent Continuous Improvement (5 years)
- Functional or Operational Leadership Experience (5 years)
- Project Management
SKILL & ABILITIES:
- Ability to motivate, develop people, communicate, listen and perceive
- Open-minded and able to learn from others
- High credibility towards all employees
- Willingness to accept change and ability to lead change
- Excellent analytical skills
- Creative and flexible to support development of new solutions
- Well organized and proper time management
- Strong character and leadership characteristics
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- DMAIC Green Belt or Equivalent
- Strategic and tactical Lean, TPM, or Six Sigma experience and/or certification
- Mission Directed Work Teams, Policy Deployment, Goal Alignment (or equivalent)