The Continuous Improvement Leader will manage and lead the strategic Lean initiatives by promoting and facilitating the implementation of the continuous improvement culture across the DFS North America manufacturing organization. This included, but is not limited to, ownership to promote programs and projects such as the adoption of the DFS NA Operating Systems, the implementation of CI principles such as Lean, Demand Flow Technology, and Agile statistical approaches, development of CI principles skills and establishing a positive perception at all levels to inspire CI thinking throughout the organization.
- Lead programs and initiatives to increase productivity and performance throughout the DFS manufacturing business.
- Implement, deliver, educate, sustain and cultivate the Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Understand, recognize and implement the principle of 6S methodology
- Development, ownership, facilitation and implementation of break-through CI and Kaizen activities
- Enhance operational skillsets through effective coaching, instruction and mentoring
- Challenge the status quo and guide leadership teams in the identification of cross-functional improvement activities
- Provide proactive support and facilitation within the organization in the development of strategy deployment, action plan, KPIs and effective Root Cause Countermeasures.
- Incorporate Local CI Thinking at the business level
- Lead specific process improvement activities as needed, measuring results against defined targets.
- Drive Lean manufacturing culture, including single-piece workflow, improved space utilization, waste elimination, and 5S
- Work with ME’s to achieve line velocity improvements though work optimization, line balancing, tool and work cell design, etc.
- Drive problem solving culture through leadership and training
- Identify and lead automation projects
- Identification of production bottlenecks and solutions to improve
- Drive improvements in productivity, material handling, inspection and test
Candidate Experience and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Engineering or related field, MS preferred
- The successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience with demonstrated success in leading breakthrough improvement initiates within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking and processes with demonstrated skill in translating strategy into specific goals, tactics action plans and deliverables
- Demonstrated previous success managing multiple programs and projects within a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in an Operations Leadership role
- Demonstrated technical mastery of CI tools and principles, preferred.
- Experience in leading and facilitating improvement initiatives in both transactional and non-transactional environments, with emphasis in problem solving
- Ability to lead and facilitate continuous improvement strategy and vision throughout the manufacturing organization
- Superior organization, time management , and prioritization aptitude, demonstrated project management skills and ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in driving change management
- Proven ability to work well in team environment, with sound negotiating, influence and problem solving skills.
- Ability to combine initiative, integrity and professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks in a collaborative manner
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be organized, concise and efficient.
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP and related Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Knowledge in Oracle application is prefeed
- Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing &/or Six Sigma Training certifications is preferred.
- Position require a minimum amount of travel to other DFS site locations in North America (Hodkings, Brighton)