The Continuous Improvement Manager will design, develop, test, and evaluate production and distribution processes to maximize efficiencies by utilizing human capital, machines and material flow more effectively. The Continuous Improvement Manager will also lead the continuous improvement initiatives and promote culture changes using LEAN tools and principles.
- Determine the most effective ways to use people, machines, and materials to create a product or service.
- Study product requirements and design manufacturing and distribution systems to meet requirements.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and machinery.
- Manage the LEAN initiative by acting as the principal change agent: Mentor, coach and lead teams to achieve objectives.
- Oversee the process of gathering and maintaining accurate BOM and Production Routing information in System 21.
- Oversee and streamlining the New Item Setup process.
Direct Supervisory Responsibilities:
Titles of positions supervised: Pro Rep Department Associates
Demonstrate knowledge, skill and proficiency in the following:
- Lean, Six Sigma, and Change Management
- Project Management
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Data Analysis
- Presentations and Facilitation
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Plans and Aligns
- Decision Quality
- Manages Complexity
- Customer Focused
- Drives Results
- Drives Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Cultivates Innovation
Skills and knowledge required for this position would generally be acquired with a four-year college degree with an emphasis on industrial engineering followed by three or more years of successful experience in related, subordinate positions; or seven years’ experience in managing in a manufacturing environment with in-depth training and experience/implementing lean manufacturing initiatives, and continuous improvement activities. Supervision and management experience a plus.