The Continuous Improvement Manager will foster a culture of sustainable change by driving Business Process Excellence within the Four Seasons Family of Companies. This includes working collaboratively with all organizational leaders and associates, and supporting improvement projects through implementation and beyond.
- Drive a consistent continuous improvement culture across the business through coaching, mentoring, strategic planning and educating and by setting a leadership example and modeling behaviors that are consistent with Four Seasons Core Values
- Utilize Continuous Improvement methodologies as a platform to develop and drive a strong Safety culture throughout our organization
- Develop a network of Lean Champions throughout the organization to assist in supporting a continuous improvement environment
- Consult with organizational leaders to identify potential projects involving departmental processes. Prioritize, build and execute plans that diagram business processes to deliver and sustain the identified improvements with the cross functional teams including front line associates and leadership.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization to assist departments with changes to their current processes, the development and compliance with standard work processes, the use of daily accountability tools, and to support daily “go do it” activities.
- Facilitate successful continuous improvement projects by leading and mobilizing people inside and outside of the value stream to enable the improvement opportunities (Including customers and suppliers)
- Provide/facilitate education and coaching on continuous improvement methodology for associates and leaders in departments across the organization
- Manage a project database to capture all continuous project activity to include metrics and demonstrated savings against established goals. Report progress and activity to leadership.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalency; college degree required
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading continuous improvement initiatives, including project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in lean tools. Kaizen, Value stream mapping, 5S, Workout, SMED, TPM, Standard Work.
- Experience developing and providing individual/group facilitation appropriate for adult learners and the ability to relate to leaders and staff of various ages, skills, and educational backgrounds
- Experience within an organization utilizing Lean and/or Six Sigma as a management system for driving demonstratable continuous improvement
- Experience in cost accounting preferred
- Ability to map and develop core business processes
- Ability to build and lead teams and to coach and mentor associates and leaders on continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of associates, leaders and subject matter experts at a pace and with a style that supports acceptance
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to influence without authority
- Proven analysis and presentation creation skills including the use of Microsoft Office software and Minitab, or some other statistical analysis software