- Lean Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints including Process Modelling/Rate Optimization
- Autonomous Manufacturing
- Early Management (Vertical Start Ups)
- Total Production Maintenance Systems (High Performance Work Systems, Integrated Work Systems)
- Industrial Engineering (Labor Studies)
- Adult Learning and Work Simplification
Responsibilities include the rollout and execution of MDI (Managing for Daily Improvement) and other related initiatives to create highly effective and efficient sustainable operations where employees are enabled and engaged in improving the business. The MDI Manager will be responsible for developing capability in others; for leading strategic ad hoc projects; for contributing to meet the financial and cultural objectives of the business.
- Deliver upon McCain’s Sustainable Cost Advantage business objectives for North America
- Support the roll out of MDI and other HPWS and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programs and principles as a way to meet this objective
- Improve Safety, Quality, Service Delivery and Cost through more reliable and sustainable lower cost operations. This will be attained through building capability in others and in building processes to support leveraging this capability. Specific capabilities and systems include:
a) Autonomous Manufacturing
b) Focus Improvement (Problem Solving)
c) Early Management (Vertical Start Up)
d) Daily Management Systems (HPWS)
e) Skills Development / Work Simplification
f) Lean Thinking
g) Proactive Maintenance
- Build skills and understanding in others to be able to identify, analyze, understand and act upon defects and losses (build Root Cause Analysis and Lean Thinking skills and principles into others so that it is “just the way we think, problem solve and manage”)
- Provide strong project leadership, analysis and problem solving for key operational opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering or a related field such as Maintenance Management.
- At least five (5) years of leadership / management experience within Continuous Improvement and Plant Operations is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification and Project Management Professional designation a bonus.
- A proven track record of continuous improvement and results orientation achieved through the development and growth of others.
- Must excel at thought leadership, problem solving and the ability to work with and influence others (leadership and change management).
- Must have ability to build positive relationships at all organizational levels and be comfortable influencing senior stakeholders.
- The ability to deal with and develop a plan in an ambiguous environment is key.
- Experience in training and facilitating.
- Management, Maintenance Management, Lean Manufacturing, TPM, Project Management, Autonomous Manufacturing, Adult Learning, Six Sigma, Process Modelling, Early Management experience.
Travel Requirement: 50%