We are hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team! This position provides organizational improvement with the aim of making processes as efficient as possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Leads, fosters and supports Kaizen events and similar team-based improvement initiatives.
- Supports the plant manager in being directly responsible for achieving annual CI goals.
- Facilitate the selection, scope and planning of specific CI projects.
- Collaborate with associates throughout the organization to generate cost savings and other improvement project ideas.
- Leads and drive completion of projects on time with limited supervision to support business goals.
- Responsible for working with and collaborating with other CI Managers and plants outside of their home base site as needed for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for working directly with Plant Manager and staff to insure that CI Budgetary and Project Goals are achieved on schedule.
- Serving as primary Manager for the administration of the sites Lean, Process Optimization, and Six Sigma Programs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan for continuous improvement of the value streams for each of the plants primary product manufacturing processes and ensuring that they are optimized from a throughput and waste (OEE) perspective.
- Responsible for the oversight, development, training, implementing, and sustaining of the plant's Lean Culture including 5S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, Kaizen Systems, and Strategy Deployment A3s, TPM, Ahop Floor Management, etc.
- Develop an infrastructure and employee lean/six sigma introduction training to enable employee engagement in lean and problem solving.
- Create a SMED improvement process to help perform SMED related studies with a focus on eliminating unneeded downtime.
- Coordinate PFMEA/RFMEA reviews with Quality to make end to end processes more robust.
- Review downtime and develop OEE corrective action plans.
- Maintain the corporate reporting on CI initiatives and results.
- Creation of improvement roadmap for the plant.
- Insures lean line design is employed for new production lines/cells.
- 5 plus years’ experience in lean role.
- Understands and can setup: 5S; Autonomous Maintenance; Standard Work; Value Stream Mapping; Visual Factory; Basic Problem Solving; Material and product flow
- Exposure to preventative maintenance with basic understanding of TPM program setup.