Drive continuous improvement efforts by actively promoting and facilitating the use of CI methods to support new business and existing operations. Drive change through focused CI efforts and Capital investment to higher levels of performance in safety, quality, operations, cost and growth. Effectively utilizing lean and engineering methodologies, RCA and waste reduction tools with a bias for action, this position will interface with various function of the organization including and beyond the site level. Defines and sets the short term and long term strategy for engineering efforts and continuous improvement activities.
- Identifies or creates opportunity to improve plant safety, quality and maximization of the value from existing assets.
- Contribute to the definition of development and accountable for the implementation of plant specific technology improvement plans.
- Proposes medium to long range improvement plan for the facilities to support MTP and LRP along with the measurable and KPI evolution.
- Works with site leader and PTC to define priority in the execution of improvement project according to the business needs.
- Justifies the return on investment and not financial benefits.
- Leads overall plant capital plan and ensures implementation on site.
- Works in cooperation with concern department involving end users during the definition of the equipment and ensure the needs and scope are well capture and align with the defined objectives.
- Assures the use of processes, engineering standard and best practice including the Most Effective Technology (MET).
- Champions and leads improvement projects striving to reduce operating cost using lean manufacturing practices.
- Contributes to the establishment of the engineering STD applicable to the plant and exportable to other locations of the company.
- Drives the exchanges of best practices, MET , effective improvement and knowledge generously through the Process Technology Data Center to support cross-fertilization and potential improvement.
- Provides direction and guidance for continuous improvement and projects engineers and mentors production and reliability.
- Validates process change request as well as the veracity and pertinence of process parameters change request.
- Encourages innovation , over achievement , team work, excellence in the work
Mentor and Teacher
- Plant Manager
- Process Technology Team
Education, Experience, AND SKILLS
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Minimum 7-10 years engineering or direct process experience
Preferred Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience
Materials Engineering / Compounding a plus
Strong commitment to PDCA methodology
Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Local Language, English
Process instruction and report writing ability
Solid engineering principles as they apply to the process
Problem solving skills
Project Management skills
Analytical and synthetic ability of complex situation allowing rational decision-making based on the objectivity of facts
Self initiative, intellectual curiosity, creativity and innovation