The Corporate Continuous Improvement “CI” Manager plays a strategic role in executing the Post CI vision throughout all areas of the corporation helping the organization to achieve our financial objectives. This role will be responsible for rolling out our CI system and culture in manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, and others functional business areas of the organization resulting in year-on-year continuous improvements. This position will partner across all functions of the organization to help achieve focus, alignment, and synchronization and ensure we have the right systems, processes, tools, and methods that deliver real time feedback and quantifiable metrics leading the business for best practices on all aspects of performance while ensuring standards process consistency across the company. This role will also coach, mentor, and train team members throughout Post on CI methodologies.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drives continuous improvement efforts company-wide. Provides leadership and strategic thinking for implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leads the continuous improvement process (e.g. behaviors, attitude and culture), working with others to develop, implement and sustain a continuous improvement program based upon lean principles that supports meeting financial goals and objectives.
- Lead the implementation of operating processes and systems that deliver consistent year over year continuous improvement opportunities.
- Implement and sustain continuous improvement practices and a culture throughout the organization.
- Leads, identifies and defines scope of continuous improvement planning and activities.
- Lead and support the organization to identifies opportunities and works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and best practices.
- Teaches and models root cause analysis, problem solving, and actions to prevent recurrence, standard work and follow-up. Viewed as an expert in these areas and speaks with authority and confidence when engaging others.
- Be a change agent that help organization to manage changes, challenges existing processes that create waste and non-value added work.
- Coaches, guides and/or leads cross functional teams to achieve resolution of assigned projects.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in all areas of the organization
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development of actions plans and implementation of solutions.
- Teaches and models tools and concepts of Lean Thinking and Six Sigma, facilitates kaizen and problem solving events
- Provide appropriate documentation and project update communication to to Stakeholders. Collaborates with all departments and individuals impacted by CI projects and define common grounds for collaboration
- Share best practices and build relationships with CI resources at all PCB facilities
- Lead Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, Kaizen, and other events and projects focused on productivity improvement, waste reduction and quality improvement to better meet customer and business needs
- Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies and ability to teach and model them.
- Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to influence, mentor and coach to get results through others.
Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting company growth strategies.
- Have strong bias for action, while proving the ability to inspire others.
- Convey high level of optimism while setting aggressive targets to teams, finding ways to achieve them.
- Communicates a compelling vision and inspired sense of purpose. Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong morale and spirit within team.
- Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
- Establish clear directions, sets stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner and brings out the best in people through leveraging their strengths.
- Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports, facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to consensus; strong negotiation skills.
- Able to build strong and diverse relationships across the business groups they partner with. Supports and fosters change.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety. Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment.
- Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and work with cross-functional teams.
Strong skills in data collection, analysis, data presentation, and decision-making.
- 4-year degree in science, engineering, management or related field recommended.
- MBA preferred
- 5-10 years combined related work experience in manufacturing/corporate environment including a minimum of 5+ years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Exposure to multiple Supply Chain and other business disciplines (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Safety/Quality, R&D, etc.)