This role is responsible for directing lean initiatives and developing / deploying continuous improvement activities across two sites, Culpeper and Mt. Jackson. The CI Manager is responsible for working with site leadership teams to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Work with site leadership to establish an implementation plan for the site to achieve metrics and goals while ensuring alignment to the company strategy; drive adherence to that plan.
- Facilitate Kaizen events when appropriate and provide coaching support to other facilitators.
- Train team members, management, and staff in continuous improvement tools.
- Identify and organize resources required to achieve successful implementation in accordance with defined plans.
- Monitor progress against plans, achievement of continuous improvement targets and sustainability success.
- Monitor and report site level performance metrics associated with continuous improvement programs.
- Account for predicted savings and track, validate and post to financial/operational results.
- Provide leadership on lean thinking, lean processing and lean production.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field; 8 years of hands on lean manufacturing systems and continuous improvement experience
- 3-5 years of experience serving as the leader of their organization’s lean program, ideally a multisite program
- Certification preferred, but not required
- Formal mentor/ coaching and facilitation training
- Previous hands-on and practical experience in using value stream mapping and implementing improvement tools with proven results in at least the following areas: 5S, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM
- Excellent communication, coaching and inter-personal skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management
- Strong team leader
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Analytically minded and data-driven; Six Sigma experience / certification preferred