The Continuous Improvement Leader directs and coordinates improvement activities affecting any of the employees within the operational areas of the facility. He / she provides direction and assistance to any personnel in the execution of improvement projects or initiatives. This leader utilizes Lean Six Sigma tools, as applicable, in the execution of such efforts. While acting to meet corporate goals, he / she will serve as a generator and coordinator of ideas for process improvement activities and implementation strategies.
- Coordinate the process improvement activities of the Process Engineering and Quality Engineering staff.
- In concert with management, product development and sales staff, execute projects that provide meaningful impact to Deringer-Ney customers.
- Introduce and sustain Continuous Improvement methodologies within the production workforce and their supervisors.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma methods and tools. Coordinate activities using Project Management techniques.
- Execute initiatives as delegated by the Plant Manager.
- Verify improvement activities achieve intended results.
- Make Continuous Improvement a key focus and part of the Deringer-Ney culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Manufacturing operations knowledge.
Technical training at various levels of the organization.
Must have excellent team skills, both as team member as well as a trainer and developer.
Proven project management skills.
Experience with Lean Six Sigma concepts and their application.
Must be able to drive change and introduce innovative solutions for process improvement.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
BS in an Engineering discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
Certified Lean Six Sigma Practitioner. Black Belt preferred.
Minimum 10 – 15 years directly related experience in Continuous Improvement or Process / Quality Engineering.