To drive the Lean Six Sigma process and philosophy throughout Mohawk, lead major projects, and mentor trainees in the completion of projects.
- Lead large scale Lean Continuous Improvement projects across enterprise.
- Coordinate resources, team members, track team action items, lead the change management attributes of the project, and communicate appropriate steps of the process as the project progresses.
- Facilitate the completion of all local ongoing project plans or process improvement initiatives being performed by Lean Phase 2 Class participants. Maintain awareness of project status and results, and provide assistance and guidance as the project progresses.
- Coordinate with Flooring managers to research, analyze and recommend newly established project work or process improvements.
- Prepare and submit site specific recommendations with analytical projections for inclusion in master plan for the applicable Flooring segment.
- Other duties as assigned, including meeting attendance, conducting Lean training, and attending industry OPEX meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operation or Business
- 2 to 5 years of manufacturing / operations experience required
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers. Good presentation and team facilitation skills in order to present information, deliver training and solicit feedback at various levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems and complete tasks in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to collect raw and secondary data, to organize, analyze and draw relevant conclusions to inform senior management accordingly
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Designs work flows and procedures.
- Ability to work independently relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals in accordance with project deliverable and reporting deadlines.
- Normal Office Environment
- Some travel