The Continuous Improvement Manager will initiate, support, and lead continuous improvement activities across the Avalign sites and functions. Expert responsible for providing training and coaching at various levels to educate and develop employees on continuous improvement concepts and tools. Coaches, guides, and supports employees in all business areas of the organization to support CI culture change. Contributes to long-term planning and overall strategy for implementation of Continuous Improvement and a CI culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Analyze company processes and procedures to identify opportunities to improve employee safety, product quality, customer service, reduce cost, and develop team members.
- Plan and prioritize continuous improvement activities to maximize results based on value, resource availability, and business needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to ensure alignment, participation, and progress towards goal
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement efforts using LEAN, DMAIC and Kaizen methodologies. Plan and execute improvements (including both smaller activities and larger kaizen events) in partnership with site or department teams.
- Act as subject matter expert on Toyota Production System and continuous improvement concepts, tools, and methodologies including, but not limited to, 5S, waste elimination, standardized work, problem solving, process mapping.
- Develop and deliver training on CI concepts, tools, and methodologies to spread knowledge and understanding throughout the organization
- Identify training needs and maintain or upgrade training materials.
- Guide and mentor others in use of tools and on leading improvement efforts
- Coach and support leaders on their role in continuous improvement.
- Develop and monitor metrics to track success of improvements
- Communicate opportunities, issues, and results to appropriate teams and stakeholders
- Actively promote sharing of knowledge and best practices across departments and sites
- Assist in the development of Avalign's Continuous Improvement strategy, processes, and standards to support team success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or Engineering required. MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Operations Management or Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Continuous Improvement
- Experience in a CNC machining required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Certification
- Expert command over the TPS and associated problem solving, analytics tools, methodologies and processes
- In depth experience developing and implementing an Overall Equipment Effectiveness improvement program
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills as well as excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with ability to seek out opportunities to improve and take action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Strong business sense and professional presence.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across multiple disciplines within the organization
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What you will enjoy working at Avalign:
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation, with immediate eligibility for paid holidays
- Life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great 401k with company match
- Employee Referral program
- Temperature controlled environment
- Community involvement Investing and giving back to the community
- Additional Free Resources such as travel assistance, EAP, etc.