The Continuous Improvement Specialist is a new strategic position. He/she will take an active role in the design and implementation of a sound Operations Excellence (OPEXC) Strategy.
The person in this position will coordinate and drive improvement programs and initiatives across the organization by aligning standards and goals of the manufacturing facility. He/she is a change agent that leads the site and functions to implement standard processes, tools, and systems to achieve high performance. He/she will support and mentor lean practitioners to ensure they become expert leaders and champions of the PSG Dover Operation Excellence Model.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will report directly to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The position requires the ability to work and communicate with PSG California Leadership Team as well as across all levels, operations and functions including supply chain, operations finance, human resources, engineering, and product management, sales, and marketing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in business, engineering or related field. MBA preferred.
- Lean Enterprise Certification
- APICS – CPIM or SCHM
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- 7 + years of managerial experience leading the areas of OPEXC, lean and/or continuous improvement is required, preferably in an automotive OEM, Tier 1 Supplier or Best-In-Class Organizations.
- 3+ years of professional experience with focus on operations and supply chain and with industrial
- engineering knowledge.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading sustained, successful CI transformation. Track record of delivering
- Experience leading improvement projects in a manufacturing environment with proven results.
- Experience working globally and cross-culturally.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
- Experience successfully leading significant change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Program development, implementation, and change management experience.
- Solid awareness of operations and business processes.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Patience, perseverance, and passion to drive the OpEx Culture across the plant.
- Experienced in Value Stream Mapping, PFMEA, Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, and Kanban
- Able to train and impart knowledge to others and to learn quickly
- Excellent communication and coaching skills (written and verbal) at all levels from the shop floor to top management (Strong team leader).
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize work through basic project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Analytical thinking with a drive to create innovative solutions for sustainability.
- Ability to and experience with work cross-culturally.
- Ability to work/communicate with all levels of the organization
- Develops collaborative and diverse relationships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead continuous improvement projects through focused Kaizens to achieve measured results and targeted hard savings.
- Conduct root cause analysis to eliminate waste, troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues, material flow, and informational inputs that may lead to inefficiencies.
- Provides lean improvement orientation and on-the-job training for teammates and ensures that the responsibilities are defined and understood.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments using periodical reports and/or analyses.
- Identify ongoing lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training.
- Evaluate and close the project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents, and hand over the project to customer and/or process owner.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and ergonomic processes and methods are being utilized.
- Identify needs relating to improvements in safety/ergonomics and assist in developing and implementing solutions to these issues.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
- Develop and maintain annual value stream mapping efforts, CI plans, and calendars.
- Provide support to external customers in support of all operations value-added initiatives.
- Progress PSG California all the PSG Dover OPEXC journey.
- Other duties as assigned.
Limited travel required