The Continuous Improvement Manager will provide a full range of productivity services to Operations and direct cost reduction programs for the facility including leading lean events, implementing Kraft Heinz Management System (KHMS) throughout the facility, developing and measuring facility systems and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facility. Direction in disciplines of best business practices including, but not limited to, yield improvement, manpower utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods. This role will act as a coach for the KHMS as well as leading the Site Steering Committee helping to implement KHMS. This person will work closely with the KHMS Task Force to drive greater utilization of processes and procedures and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved. This person will provide direct support and coaching to front line managers, supervisors and team leaders as they help their direct reports understand and adopt KHMS.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Continuous Development of the productivity decks
- Generate cost reduction opportunities and implement process improvement to reduce manufacturing costs
- Coordinate major initiatives across Supply Chain to insure optimum cost. This coordination will include, but not be limited to, purchasing, distribution, manufacturing, research & development, packaging and engineering
- Implement and train MOS & Lean / Six Sigma processes to plant location personnel.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Assist with the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR
- Share and implement best practice initiatives across Supply Chain
- Coordinate the progression of KHMS using TRACC as a tool
- Develop and maintain performance (KPI) visuals
- Ownership of the Priority One system; responsible to ensure all users are trained and that all projects are current
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and tracking system (where needed)
- Develop a waste analysis for all lines
- Lead and coordinate 5S initiatives plant-wide
- Develop and manage the department’s operating budget
- Manage and evaluate the Continuous Improvement staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline is highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- 2+ years CI leading CI projects or transformation projects required
- Black Belt Certification preferred; Green Belt Certification required
- Demonstrated experience overcoming the inevitable problems and obstacles that surface to meet project timelines and cost initiatives
- Creativeness and desire to not to be bound by past solutions and to think outside the box in order to drive productivity throughout the organization
- Ability to communicate and deal with a range of responsibilities is critical while managing multiple task
- Working knowledge of enterprise business principles and practices
- Presentation Skills
- Mentoring & coaching skills