We have an exciting opportunity for you to lend your expertise in advanced Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement methodologies in the North American continuous improvement and operational excellence roadmap deployment. You will serve as a change agent, working closely with all stakeholders across the region. You will play a key role in reporting development efforts to generate insights that will drive the business forward. This is great opportunity for someone who not only specializes in manufacturing process improvements but also in the application of the methodologies to achieve transactional business excellence.
Here are other things you can look forward to being a part of.
- Manage Productivity Action Plan (PAP) projects across Supply Chain in North America and other functions.
- Support the implementation of Improving Together, Green Belts and 6S programs across North America sites.
- Implement and maintain the continuous improvement dashboards across sites within the region.
- Conduct training, monitor project progress, and drive projects to completion with quantifiable results. Partner with Finance for savings validation process.
- Provide organization-wide visibility of the current portfolio of continuous improvement efforts; track via metrics/KPIs progress and value from these efforts in order to help decision makers allocate resources and recognize success, with special focus on operational cost reduction.
- Provide expert guidance to other process improvement stakeholders in the use of technical tools and improvement methodologies (Lean, DMAIC, DFSS, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and others) and of Minitab software for statistical analysis.
- Lead and support key strategic improvement projects as needed based on business requirements. Act as project manager officer, leading and managing project portfolios for all process improvement projects and operational excellence initiatives across North America.
- Coordinate 6S across North America.
- Support other areas in the use of continuous improvements tools and techniques such as FMEA, DOE (Design of Experiments), Root-cause analysis, and hypothesis testing, multi-vari, SMED.
- Develop effective communications and methods to share learnings and results from projects throughout the company (Including Operational Excellence site, Newsletters, and Workshops).
To succeed in this role
You will have a minimum of 3 years experience managing continuous improvement projects and/or programs in manufacturing environment. We expect that you have strong stakeholder management and leadership skills, as well as proven success in a managerial role. Advanced knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (Kaizen, TQM, DMAIC, 6S (5S), DFSS, Lean manufacturing, PDCA, A3) is highly desirable. Additionally, we are searching for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Chemistry, Industrial Engineering, Quality Systems Management, or related field is highly desirable)
- Ability to be hands-on with excellent communication and team building skills
- Ability to travel within the US (40%)
- Proficient with Minitab and Microsoft applications (Sharepoint, Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Advanced knowledge of Minitab is desirable
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification is a plus