This role will provide site leadership for the implementation and application of the Regal Business System. Its primary focus is on developing and instilling a culture of Continuous Improvement while achieving year-over-year operational performance improvements. It will be responsible for leading, influencing, training and progressing the site's maturity of the understanding and effective application of the Regal Business System. He/she will partner with the site Plant Manager and leadership team to bring a prioritized focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Growth (SQDCG). The outcome of achieving financial performance that exceeds our stakeholders' expectations and enables profitable growth in the business. This site leadership role will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- P&L Leadership Business Partner
- Serve as a member of site leadership to develop business strategies and goals
- Analyze and assess business metrics (SQDCG and financials) and processes across the business to identify impactful improvement
- Continuous Improvement & Effective Problem Solving
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organization to assess current processes and identify process/performance gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Lead and implement process improvement across the value stream to drive SQDCG measures utilizing lean concepts. Key Concepts: Lean Conversion (5S, flow, standard work, tools/materials at point of use & visual management), visual factory, single (best) piece flow, replenishment systems, transactional process improvement techniques, defect reduction and effective daily management.
- Influential Leadership
- Lead and exemplify the culture of continuous improvement across the organization through effective communications with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain the organization's energy & engagement by communicating impact of short-term progress on long-term strategic goals of the business.
- Talent Management
- Train, mentor, and build continuous improvement skills and philosophies across the organization.
- Identify, coach, and engage talent across the business to leverage RBS Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies to support their professional advancement and improve the business's operational performance.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field (Engineering); Advanced degree preferred (MS Engineering, MBA)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven successful applications of multiple CI tools: 80/20, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Flow, Standard Work, Visual Management, Kanban/Replenishment systems, FMEA, A3
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate Kaizen-type events to produce measurable improvements (financial, service, quality, etc.)
- Critical thinking skills to properly identify problem area & potential solutions
- Analytical skills to properly interpret data
Master Black Belt in Lean/Six Sigma or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates tenacity and perseverance, even with significant challenges
- Build strong working relationships across the business
- Creates a sense of shared goals and common benefits
- Has effective change management capabilities
- Utilizes resources effectively to accomplish objectives
- Regal Values