The Continuous Improvement Operations Manager Responsible for leading, implementing, maintaining and improving a Lean Business Management System for the Murphy operations to transform the operation into a Center of Excellence within Moog – Smart/Visual Factory. As part of the Leadership Team for the Murphy facility, the operations and continuous improvement manager is responsible to assist in the business strategy development and implementation
- Through the implementation of tools, training, process and standard work, institute a Lean Business Management System.
- Assist in implementing a culture that embraces a quality first approach and drives continuous improvement in meeting customer expectations.
- Assist in implementing a culture that embraces the Lean Business Management System and drives continuous improvement in meeting business metrics and key process indicators.
- Though performance management and employee development, implement an operations organizational development plan that will meet the business unit’s current and future needs.
- Through strategic sourcing plans and supplier development, maintain a supply base that will meet the business unit’s current and future needs.
- Through the utilization of Business Systems (ERP), drive continuous improvement in MRP, production scheduling and equipment / facility utilization.
- Assist in implementing a culture that embraces the Moog culture and values.
- To meet the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a four year degree in an engineering, operations or supply chain discipline; with an advanced degree in business or related experience strongly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required of which 3years is in a supervisory / managerial capacity.
- Proven background in lean management systems and process improvement tools, Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc
- Sound working knowledge of all standards associated with Industrial based Operations ISO 9001