We are looking for an Continuous Improvement Program Manager (Master Black Belt) to manage a team of continuous improvement program managers across the business (primarily focused on the data centers and poised to grow across the value stream).
The role will build the strategic direction, including continuous improvement leadership maturity, across regions the Americas, APAC, EMEA. In this role the Continuous Improvement Program Manager will inform, equip, and empower key parties across CO+I to sponsor, drive, and/or participate in continuous improvement initiatives, and develop a Lean, continuously improving culture with measurable results. The Continuous Improvement Program Manager is responsible for strategic build-out and development of key leaders (Champions and Sponsors) increasing:
- Alignment of process improvement with key business deliverables
- Problem-solving skills of field teams,
- Inclusion and diversity to drive innovative solutions and
- Adoption and sustainment of proven solutions.
In this role you will also leverage stakeholder input and data to align with leaders and teams on workflow risks and defects for quick process improvements.
CO+I is looking for a candidate that is an inclusive, experienced, and organized self-starter grounded in Operational Excellence at the Master Black Belt level with proven expertise in successful and sustainable lean transformation start-up. The candidate values the benefits of collaboration and has a proven record of driving initiatives from thought to implementation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for aligning the strategic roadmap and brand to drive key business deliverables leveraging tools such as Hoshin Kanri.
The ideal candidate will be a solution-oriented leader that has a combination of extensive Lean and Six Sigma domain expertise, global experience in Lean transformation and a growth mindset across a large and growing business.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical roadmap for Lean transformation leveraging internal organization resources with reduced reliance on external vendors (growing internal capabilities)
- Develop and mature the continuous improvement brand to align teams horizontally & globally
- Quickly learn the Data Center Business strategically and tactically by meeting with leaders and going to Gemba to speed business knowledge and proactively progress knowledge across the value stream.
- Build and manage a high impact global team of Program Managers across the business to support Operational Excellence and execute high impact process improvement.
- Develop transformation metrics (Leading and lagging) that align with key strategic business metrics and align with tactical workflow improvement
- Be the single point of contact for strategic inquiries for Continuous Improvement (CI) organization with accountability for getting the work done with a sense of urgency where/when required.
- Develop and deliver effective and impactful training, workshops, coaching, tools, gamification, etc. inclusive of key Lean transformation and data analytics tools.
- Direct continuous process improvement with inclusion and diversity to drive better solutions.
- At least Green Belt in Six Sigma certification
- 6+ years of professional work experience in process improvement or operational excellence, with project management background.
- 4+ years of expereince coaching or training others in continuous improvement methodologies
- 1+ year/s of experience utilizing performance metrics and process improvement styles including Lean techniquies, 6-sigma, 8D or CAPA, kaizen, or FMEA, to lead continuous improvement of physical and virtual processes
- Master Black Belt in Six Sigma certification
- The ability to lead with purpose, create clarity, and drive a desire to engage with positive energy
- BS or equivalent in Industrial Engineering (MS or PHD in Engineering preferred)
- 10-15 years of Lean and Six Sigma experience, including significant, senior roles responsible for business-wide and/or multiple business transformation.
- Demonstrated experience in applying key tools such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), data analytics, Kaizen, Visual factory, 5S, Non Value Added Work (NVA) and elimination of waste in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated results from facilitating large scale process improvement projects
- Demonstrated results driving adoption of smart, technical solutions across a business
- Demonstrated ability to align and partner with senior leadership and relate business goals/ strategic direction to prioritized workflow improvement and people development
- Experience in global Lean transformation from start up to sustain
- Self-starter with a high degree of ownership and business acumen
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities including the ability to coach and mentor all levels of the business on technical topics.
- MS Office skills in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed