This position, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, communicates frequently with all levels of management and various departments, including Materials Manager, Plant Manager, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Finance. This position will also interface outside the company with Suppliers and Customers within the value chain.
- Generates inventory optimization ideas by facilitating Kaizen events and leads cross functional teams through technical analysis and data gathering including value stream mapping and the use of other lean tools
- Utilizes approved PFEPs to calculate replenishment signals such as KANBAN quantities, Safety Stock and Reorder Points to achieve desired service levels and inventory turns
- Assumes project management responsibilities for critical projects focused on improved information and material flow with both internal and external suppliers
- Drives logistics optimization and waste elimination through dock to stock efficiencies
- Conducts Inventory analysis by facility and value stream for all Product Hierarchy
- Excess and Obsolete inventory process owner including calculation, reporting, disposition recommendation and implementation of approved items for disposal
- Maintains Master Data for all materials
- Develops and maintains KPIs for inventory and drive root cause corrective actions when necessary
- Ensures optimization of new product inventory strategies to achieve the optimized value while ensuring customer satisfaction and safety
- Generates Inventory forecasting in partnership with finance and work closely with Demand Analyst and Materials Managers for inventory optimization
- Acts as a backup for Demand Management
- Interacts with global peers to leverage ideas and develop best practices
Performs all tasks in accordance with the Company's Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Continuous Improvement or related discipline or 3-5+ years equivalent experience.
- 3 years Inventory control experience including Materials Planning and Procurement in a fast-paced plant procurement environment.
- Able to document procedures, express processes in writing and flow chart processes.
- In-depth understanding of materials planning systems. SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in warehouse distribution and working with a Global supply chain a plus.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and lean manufacturing.
- Project management experience in large matrix organization.
- Knowledge of operational excellence, continuous improvement and lean tools.
- Excellent organizational planning skills with the proven ability to facilitate change.
- Experience in fostering teamwork and developing strong cross functional relationships/teams.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in fast paced environment, real-time environment.
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible and adaptive when working with customers and various teams.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- C.P.M. and / or C.P.I.M. Certifications a plus.
Korn Ferry Competencies:
Functional/Technical Skills, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Strategic Agility, Action Oriented, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus
Performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise of independent judgment.
This position may exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description serve as a general guideline for the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.