As a Continuous Improvement Resource on the Kellogg manufacturing team, we want you to take a new approach to what otherwise might be the status quo. If you are an outside the box thinker and love to take an active approach in positive change, we need you to drive overall plant efficiency to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), deliver cost savings through building capability in KWS (Kellogg Work Systems) methodologies, and have a continuous improvement mindset.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Tools for Success - Leverage KWS strategic methodologies, systems, and tools, such as Autonomous Maintenance, problem solving, process mapping, and loss analysis to drive results of key KPI's for the site. Deliver robust and effective presentations, using your communication skills to be a change agent.
- Drive Change with Continuous Improvement Efforts- Execute cost savings projects that successfully deliver results. Identifying process inefficiencies and sources of loss, championing KWS systems and tools to drive out loss. Coaching supervisors and frontline employees building capabilities within the KWS environment. Support cost savings ideation sessions, applying diagnostics in order to understand and drive root cause analysis of the source of loss.
- Strategize to Win - Continually collaborating with hourly personnel and supervisors to identify and troubleshoot chronic and acute losses utilizing data analysis and root cause problem-solving techniques.
- Impact Results - Utilizing KWS systems and tools to deliver a reduction in source of loss and driving out inefficiencies within the manufacturing process.
- Empower Efficiency with a New Angle - Transform manufacturing capabilities working with frontline personnel to identify and implement appropriate CL's and CIL's. Conducting health checks on programs and systems to ensure they are meeting KWS standards of excellence.
- Empower Teams - Provide training for operations, leadership and plant associates on KWS methodologies, systems and tools. Supporting plant implementation of AM and RM by developing capability in operations and support teams.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- A passion for improvement and thinking outside the box
- Strong desire and drive to be a change agent.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests from multiple sources
- A passion to learn new things, and teach others
- Proven experience leading continuous improvement projects (Lean, TPM, Six Sigma, KWS,IWS, HPO)
- Exceptional ability to influence and lead cross functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- HS Diploma/GED and experience in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Owner’s mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Food Manufacturing experience
- Previous experience driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or technical or business field
- Demonstrated ability to plan work and manage priorities while problem-solving
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage complexity